BioXmark® is a liquid fiducial marker with unique features to enhance target visibility on imaging and enable high precision radiation therapy.
BioXmark® is compatible with both conventional Image-guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) and Proton-Beam Therapy (PBT) and a tool to empower healthcare professionals to continuously improve the treatment of cancer patients.
BioXmark® has a number of features and benefits:
- The liquid nature of BioXmark® enables implantation of multiple size-adaptable markers in the same procedure
- BioXmark® can be implanted with standard equipment, including thin needles (≥ 25G) and flexible scopes – guided visually, by fluoroscopy and/or ultrasound with a low risk of complications
Positional stability and visibility
- After implantation of BioXmark®, sticky and soft markers are formed in vivo, adaptive to the surrounding tissue
- BioXmark® contains a proprietary iodine-based contrast agent to ensure marker visibility on relevant imaging modalities, including X-ray (2D X-ray, fluoroscopy, CT and CBCT), ultrasound and MRI
- BioXmark® markers are positionally stable and visible during treatment planning, treatment and follow-up
Photon and proton radiation compatibility
- BioXmark® markers are non-metallic and have a low level of artifacts, supporting precise treatment planning and image guided treatment
- The low level of artifacts and visibility on CT and MRI facilitates fusion of CT and MRI for better treat-ment planning
- BioXmark® has low dose perturbation and is compatible with proton therapy
For more information on BioXmark® see Features & benefits
BioXmark® features are documented in three white papers:
- BioXmark – White paper – Customizable implantation
- BioXmark – White paper – Positional stability and visibility
- BioXmark – White paper – Compatibility with proton radiation therapy
For further details about BioXmark® – see also Instructions for use (IFU).