Nanovi was founded in 2012 as a technology spin-off from the Technical University of Denmark, DTU. Since then the companies business has grown to include development, regulatory, manufacturing and commercialization of medical devices. Nanovi’s first product for human use, BioXmark®, is a liquid fiducial marker for use in cancer therapy to enhance target visibility on medical imaging.
Picture: Thomas L. Andresen, Founder of Nanovi.
- DKK 19 million raised in new capital from existing shareholders and VF conversion of a loan to equity – see Press Release
- The organization was expanded with additional operational and clinical competences.
- New competences added to both the management team and the Board of Directors to support Nanovi’s transition to a fully operational and commercial business – see Press Release
- PetXmark trial completed by PetCure with positive results followed by the first commercial orders.
- Nanovi moved to larger premises at DTU Science Park including lab facilities.
- Filing of patent for a NIR fiducial marker in collaboration with DTU.
- Initiation of Investigator Initiated Clinical Trial at AMC, the Netherlands to evaluate the performance of BioXmark in image-guided radiotherapy of patients with bladder cancers.
- BioXmark® the liquid fiducial marker to radiographically mark soft tissue was submitted for Regulatory Approval in the EU.
- Nanovi raised DKK 15 million in new capital from both existing shareholders and 9 new Med Tech experienced investors – see Press Release
- Chairman Jesper Boysen took over as CEO.
- Initiation of Investigator Initiated Clinical Trial at the Maastro Cancer Clinic in the Netherlands to evaluate the performance of BioXmark® in image-guide radiotherapy of patients with rectal cancers.
- Partnership agreement signed with PetCure Oncology, Inc for the development and commercialization of PetXmark in the US. See Press Release
- Filing of patent for an MRI enhanced liquid fiducial marker for use in image-guided radiation therapy.
- License and options agreement extended to cover a surgical marker to Nanovi.
- Nanovi raised DKK 5 million in new capital from existing and new investors.
- PetXmarkTM was developed for the veterinary market.
- Nanovi’s organization was expanded with regulatory and QA competences.
- Filing of one new patent
- In collaboration with DTU Health Tech, a novel liquid fiducial marker to guide cancer surgery was invented.
- Completion of BioXmark® clinical IIT in lung cancer patients with supportive results.
- Initiation of a clinical Investigator Initiated trial (IIT) at Rigshospitalet, the Copenhagen University hospital, to evaluate the performance and safety of BioXmark® to guide IGRT of patients with lung cancer.
- A prototype of Nanovi’s first liquid fiducial marker for use in humans, BioXmark® was developed.
- Series B capital increase with participation by Vækstfonden.
- Framework License and Options agreement with DTU, giving Nanovi global development and commercial rights to inventions in the field of collaboration.
- New product and technology patents were submitted.
- Nanovi opened its first corporate offices at DTU Science Park in Kgs. Lyngby.
- Nanovi was founded in December 2012 based on a biomaterial technology platform for medical application which was invented in collaboration with the Health Tech (then DTU Nanotech) department of the Technical University of Denmark.