Nanovi was founded in 2012 as a technology spin-off from the Technical University of Denmark, DTU. Since then, business activities have grown to include development, regulatory, manufacturing and commercial activities. Nanovi’s first product for human use BioXmark® is in regulatory phase in Europe, expected to be CE marked later in 2019.
Picture: Thomas L. Andresen, Founder of Nanovi.
- DKK 19 million raised in new capital from existing shareholders and VF conversion of a loan to equity – see Press Release
- The organization was expanded with additional operational and clinical competences.
- New competences added to both the management team and the Board of Directors to support Nanovi’s transition to a fully operational and commercial business – see Press Release
- PetXmark trial completed by PetCure with positive results followed by the first commercial orders.
- Nanovi moved to larger premises at DTU Science Park including lab facilities.
- Filing of patent for a NIR fiducial marker in collaboration with DTU.
- Initiation of Investigator Initiated Clinical Trial at AMC, the Netherlands to evaluate the performance of BioXmark in image-guided radiotherapy of patients with bladder cancers.
- BioXmark® the liquid fiducial marker to radiographically mark soft tissue was submitted for Regulatory Approval in the EU.
- Nanovi raised DKK 15 million in new capital from both existing shareholders and 9 new Med Tech experienced investors – see Press Release
- Chairman Jesper Boysen took over as CEO.
- Initiation of Investigator Initiated Clinical Trial at the Maastro Cancer Clinic in the Netherlands to evaluate the performance of BioXmark® in image-guide radiotherapy of patients with rectal cancers.
- Partnership agreement signed with PetCure Oncology, Inc for the development and commercialization of PetXmark in the US. See Press Release
- Filing of patent for an MRI enhanced liquid fiducial marker for use in image-guided radiation therapy.
- License and options agreement extended to cover a surgical marker to Nanovi.
- Nanovi raised DKK 5 million in new capital from existing and new investors.
- PetXmarkTM was developed for the veterinary market.
- Nanovi’s organization was expanded with regulatory and QA competences.
- Filing of one new patent
- In collaboration with DTU Health Tech, a novel liquid fiducial marker to guide cancer surgery was invented.
- Completion of BioXmark® clinical IIT in lung cancer patients with supportive results.
- Initiation of a clinical Investigator Initiated trial (IIT) at Rigshospitalet, the Copenhagen University hospital, to evaluate the performance and safety of BioXmark® to guide IGRT of patients with lung cancer.
- A prototype of Nanovi’s first liquid fiducial marker for use in humans, BioXmark® was developed.
- Series B capital increase with participation by Vækstfonden.
- Framework License and Options agreement with DTU, giving Nanovi global development and commercial rights to inventions in the field of collaboration.
- New product and technology patents were submitted.
- Nanovi opened its first corporate offices at DTU Science Park in Kgs. Lyngby.
- Nanovi was founded in December 2012 based on a biomaterial technology platform for medical application which was invented in collaboration with the Health Tech (then DTU Nanotech) department of the Technical University of Denmark.